Parents, carers and staff all have the safety and wellbeing of our children at the centre of the decisions they make, both in and out of School. Keeping children safe is everyones responsibility. Members of the public, as well as staff in helping agencies, can play a vital role in helping to protect children from abuse or neglect.
Whilst the child’s welfare is always the most important consideration, there is also a duty on professionals to work in partnership with parents, to provide support where necessary and to ensure that children remain with their families wherever possible.
If any member of the public thinks a child may be at risk of abuse or neglect, they should contact the local Childrens Services (formerly known as Social Services) or the NSPCC National Helpline.
For children who live in Redcar & Cleveland
The Redcar MACH – 01642 130700
Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team – Tel: 01642 524 552
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is based in the MACH Team. If you have concerns about an adult who works with children you can contact the Redcar & Cleveland Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) on 01642 130700
NSPCC National Helpline
Tel: (0808) 8005000
If a member of the public considers that there is an emergency situation, they should dial 999 for the Police.
Staff at Normanby Primary School receive annual Child Protection training.
The School maintains a Single Central Record, which records all the adults who work with children at our school. We also only work with contractors (for example builders) who can meet our requirements regarding safeguarding of pupils.
- Mrs Pentney is the Designated Safeguarding Lead for Child Protection;
- Mrs Brallisford, Mrs May, Mrs Miller, Miss Lawrence and Mrs Burke are all Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads.
- Mrs Barnett is a trained Designated Safeguarding Lead and supports all schools within the Ironstone Academy Trust
- Mr Alormasor and Mrs Griffin are the Designated Governor Safeguarding Leads; and can be contacted through school.
The School website hosts details of the relevant Policies (https://normanby.ironstoneacademy.org.uk/policies/). However, Parents may also wish to visit other useful sites. You will find the link to these in the Useful Links section opposite.
For more information about safeguarding please see https://ironstoneacademy.org.uk/operation-encompass/
Our school Child Protection Policy is reviewed annually and can be found on our Policies page, please follow the link for our Policies.
Our school Child Protection Policy is currently under its annual review. – September 2021
During this time our 2020/1 Child Protection Policy will be followed in conjunction with statutory guidance in ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of our pupils.
- NSPCC website
- CEOP – Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- Tees Safeguarding Children’s Partnership Procedures
- South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Revised Prevent Duty Guidance – England & Wales
- Anti-bullying Alliance Website
- Bullying UK Website
- Case Study
- Get help if you’re worried about someone being radicalised – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Guidance: Change your child’s name via deed pole