To ensure equity and fair access, the Admissions Code states that in drawing up admission arrangements, admission authorities must ensure that the practices and the criteria used by Normanby Primary School decide on the allocation of school places are:
- Clear in the sense of being free from doubt and easily understood;
- Objective and based on known facts. Admission authorities and Governing Bodies must not make subjective decisions or use subjective criteria;
- Procedurally fair and also equitable for all groups of children and actively promote equity across all social groups and communities;
- Enable parents’ preferences for the schools of their choice to be met to the maximum extent possible;
- Provide parents or carers with easy access to helpful admissions information;
- Comply with relevant legislation, including infant class sizes and equal opportunities, which have been determined in accordance with the statutory requirements.
For further information please see the Admissions section on the policies page.