"Enjoy , Believe , Achieve"
Writing – Year 5
Download our Year 5 Writing curriculum here.
|Sentence Structure and Text Structure
- Add phrases to make sentences more precise and detailed
- Use range of sentence openers – judging impact or effect needed
- U se pronouns to avoid repetition
- Begin to adapt sentence structure to text type
||Correct and consistent of:
- Brackets, dashes, commas
- Commas to clarify meaning or avoid ambiguity
- Consistently organise writing in paragraphs
- Link ideas across paragraphs using adverbials of time (e.g. later), place(e.g. nearby) and number (e.g. secondly)
- "I like using innovative technology to engage and enhance the children's learning experiences and build resilience."
Miss Herlingshaw, Year 5
- "I like working with the upper key stage 2 team to develop the children's thirst for life-long learning in preparation for secondary school and beyond."
Mrs Greenmon, Year 5
- "I like promoting links with and developing the children's awareness of the local area through our ironstone mining topic."
Miss Alderson, Year 5
- "Music is unbelievable! Performing all over the UK, broadcasting on the radio, singing with a 60 piece orchestra are just a touch of what we do at Normanby! Music has helped me grow in confidence."
Lily Booth, Year 5
- "In Year 5, we have lots of opportunitie to participate in exciting sporting activities. I've enhance by biking expertise with 'Bikeability' by learning how to take my hands off the handle bars, signal traffic behind me without falling off and learning how to be more aware of the road around me."
Adam Harvey - Year 5
- "Y5 artwork is phenomenal because we got to use a range of different art materials and study lots of different artists."
Konnie, Year 5
- "Being a new pupil in Normanby is so cool, especially in Year 5 because we have awesome teachers and interesting research topics which make us want to learn even more!"
Harry, Year 5
- "In Year 5, we have lots of fun using our iPads like a second brain to help us learn."
Mille, Year 5.